AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

600 acres and 40-50 head of sows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

acfarmer
Posted 11/18/2010 07:26 (#1441727 - in reply to #1441544)
Subject: RE: 600 acres and 40-50 head of sows

Revere Missouri very northeast corner.

I dont think the original poster is saying no one farms that way.

To answer his guestion, NO, Most thing a cabless tractor is a playtoy that you dont use to work ground. When I was growing up dad farmed about 600 acres , had a bunch of hogs and 35hd of cows. Dad got a cab tractor way back in the early 80s and the others had no cabs. Didnt get our first real chore tractor until 93. I have alot of memories of grinding feed after school about 7 at night with wind blowing 40mph and 10 below on a 7030 with no cab. If you was lucky your fat brother remembered to put the lid down on the cross auger in the finishing building, but 9 times out of 10 it was up and it snowed that day to freeze up the auger so out came the weed burning torch to thaw it out but it didnt matter because you was going to need it to thaw out the outside waterers for the hogs later that night anyway.

And yes I farm too, On my own and I have nothing fantastic  in others eyes ( not alot of ac fans lol) that I run other than my combine. There is a couple cabless tractors for hay season and the portable welder and service truck is a viable part of my operation. I raise just as good crops as my neighbors and Have a whole lot less overhead then most of them to do it. ROI is what ive always been told.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)