AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tonsils removal @ age 49?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/18/2010 05:03 (#1441647 - in reply to #1441382)
Subject: RE: Gitter Done!

I had mine done at age 40. I begged and pleaded with docs to do it 20 years before. They always said it was easier just to treat me than fix the problem. All that did was make me build a resistance to a lot of the high powered antibiotics. I had my tonsils, adenoids, and polyps removed from nose all at the same time. Doc, said I sure did make him earn his money on me!

What a difference in made in my life, no more sore throats in spring and fall. Really made breathing easier when sleeping. They really knocked me out, did mine early morning. I didn't really come too til late afternoon. I woke long enough to eat some chipped ice, drink or two.

On kids they send them home that same day, they made me stay the nite. The doc really got me! When he was putting me under, he said oh, by the way we are going to keep you over nite! Bam, I was out! I never got to say a word other wise. They really hit me with the big dog anesthetic! I really couldn't get my head off the pillow!

The next morning the nurse brought bacon and eggs in for me to eat. Damm I ate them, I was hungry! It didn't hurt either. Must have been the meds. I really never had any more pain than a sore throat. I just took it easy for a about three days. It will hurt in about a weeks time a little when stitches are coming out. Just take a little pain killer you will be fine.

I wish I could have got mine done a long time ago. They gave me antibiotics, before cutting on me. It never got rid of infection before surgery. Doc said mine was still infected when he took them out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)