AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lets try this highschool post again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Orfarmer
Posted 2/29/2024 05:46 (#10644761 - in reply to #10644353)
Subject: RE: Lets try this highschool post again.

Roanoke, IN
Midwestfeeder - 2/28/2024 20:59

Excalibur - 2/28/2024 19:3

OP sounds like someone who wants to control/shelter their kids, instead of letting them learn themselves. You want your legacy to succeed or fail?

Quite the opposite really. Im just questioning whether HS is really going to give em the most options and abilities in life. I feel that HS held me back. Many have a different view. Thats why im asking the questions. Iv learned along the way to question the accepted ways of doing things. It seems that a properly done homeschool program could allow my kids to explore a lot more than what the local HS has to offer

You are on the right track. Don't let the naysayers distract you. I attended high school for 3.5 years, and probably should have hit the door sooner.

You aren't supposed to ask out of the box questions, public school today is about conforming.

In your situation, it appears a thoughtful parent like yourself could tailor a better education experience than you would get at an average public school. I don't see any hints of the hermit mentality segment of homeschooling from yourself.

The bottom line, common denominator is an actively involved parent, not type of education.

Too many that bash homeschooling have never taken the effort to think outside the small "enlightened" box the public education system operates in. Or have never taken the effort to observe successful homeschooling circles. How many public school teachers have done anything besides be in school for their entire lives? Why limit your kids to the shallow end only?

Edited by Orfarmer 2/29/2024 07:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)