AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lets try this highschool post again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Excalibur
Posted 2/28/2024 19:32 (#10644302 - in reply to #10644102)
Subject: RE: Lets try this highschool post again.

SC WI
hlstark - 2/28/2024 17:59

You get out of school what you put into school. If you hate going and put no effort in trying, then school will not give you back all the opportunities it presents.

If you apply yourself and take AP or college credit classs, you can get a head start to college and save on college tuition. If you take part in extracurriculars, you can learn to work as a team. It could be through sports, band, FFA, or theater. All teach the importance of teamwork that is difficult to teach at home. Also the interpersonal communication that can be learned in a high school setting is invaluable in learning how to network with your peers.

I agree.

From other post:
Excalibur - 2/28/2024 16:10

I say yes.

I took all the ag classes offered, most of the tech ed classes offered, I excelled in geometry, learned stuff in economics, built a house in building trades, took other classes that transferred to college,
heck even computer programming

Are there useless classes? You bet, but students have the ability to pick and chose what courses they take, I didn’t go to school to waste my time.

OP sounds like someone who wants to control/shelter their kids, instead of letting them learn themselves. You want your legacy to succeed or fail?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)