AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My parking space rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 2/28/2024 12:00 (#10643550 - in reply to #10643296)
Subject: RE: My parking space rant

NW Iowa
The local Menards has a parking area under the roof overhang by the exit door for those who need to load something big. Of course every able bodied person parks there because it is close. A couple days ago an old thin bent over feeble man was parked in that area trying to get his few purchases out of his cart and into his vehicle. He was having a hard time getting his purchases out of his cart between the big shiny pickup beside him and his vehicle. I told my wife later I should have gone back there to assist him but there wasn't room for the two of us to squeeze in there. This man looked like he didn't have enough energy to make it to the handicapped parking places in the parking lot. I give him a lot of credit for even getting out of the house let alone drive to Menards to fight the obstacles created by the lazy able bodied people. He probably left his empty cart right there because he needed it for support. I grew up helping my mother who was crippled by polio and that gave me a profound respect for the handicapped. I forget if handicapped stickers were available back then but if they were available she would have not wanted one because she never did admit to being crippled.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)