AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coccidiosis Outbreak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JPT
Posted 11/30/2023 22:53 (#10504514 - in reply to #10500340)
Subject: RE: Coccidiosis Outbreak

Are you treating their water with corid for 5 days or drench? If you have bloody stools you need to pull calves and drench asap or might be adding to the dead pile. What I do is mix up a gallon jug of drench per instructions on jug except I do 3x what the jug says and get a valbazen gun from vet and set on 30ml and give one squeeze per 100 lbs. Keep these calves separated from the others and treat their water heavily with corid (amprolium). Next.. get corid crumbles/pellets and top dress ALL your calves feed with a .5lb/500 lb calf..this is one of the fastest and cheapest ways to get cocci under control. Another thing I do is buy ruminsen blocks and put out for them to lick on. This is my protocol for outbreaks and it works. And this is on top a preventative level of bovatec in their feed. Apparently there’s a heavy load in my soils and it has nothing to do with birds in my case. On the drench with severe dehydration I’ve even add electrolytes and some other gut health stuff (can’t remember the name of it) and saved some on deaths doorstep.

Edited by JPT 11/30/2023 22:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)