AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Computer Upgrade
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 10/7/2006 01:02 (#49306)
Subject: Computer Upgrade

Ethridge, TN

It is becoming time to upgrade the ol' computer. Starting to have monitor glitches and a few other trivial problems, and since it's about 6 years old, time to consider a new one.

Right now, I've pretty well spec'd out a Dell E521 with an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3800+. 1 gig of ram, XP Media Center, 160 GB ATA hard drive, DVD Drive, 19" Ultrasharp Flat Panel, and a 256MB Video Card. 

Going to take the hard drive out of current machine and put it in the new one, as there is nothing wrong with it.

My question boils down to productivity software, which is basically MS Office. Currently have Office 2000 on the current machine, have the cd's, and want to know if there is any actual advantages to paying for Office 2003? Adds quite a chunk of change to a new unit, and trying to figure out if it really has any advantages. XP should play nice with the the older software, or do other have experience where it was more trouble than it was worth, and full upgrade needs to be done. I'm use to the software, and it fills what I need out of it quite nicely, it's the machine that is getting quirky. Comments/Suggestions?????

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)