AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NORAC UC4 automatic boom height
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sakeller
Posted 4/30/2008 00:10 (#368427)
Subject: NORAC UC4 automatic boom height

Camrose, Alberta
Just got a JD 4720 equipped with a NORAC UC4 height controller. It is equipped with three sensors. Its been about six years since I have used a NORAC so I'm a little rusty.

Q. #1 - The sensors are mounted on the breakaways, just to the outside of the break point. Will the sensor go through extra abuse by being on the breakaway? I could move it about four feet further in, realizing the height at the tip will then not be as accurate.

Q. #2 - Does anyone use the middle sensor? I understand it will not control the height and I do not have the roll feature. Sure it gives you feedback of the booms actual height, but don't the JD 4720's have a "boom return to height feature?" So if I don't need the middle sensor can I remove it for an extra sensor in case another one gets wrecked?

Q. #3 - In the manual Section 6.1.6 states "If the mouth of the sensor becomes wet, it is normal for the sensor to return error messages until the transducer has dried off." It was my previous underdstanding that if the sensor (behind the foam) gets wet then it is permenently wrecked. And how much are new sensors?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)