AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New thought on Iowa fence law
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Posted 5/13/2011 13:36 (#1772681)
Subject: New thought on Iowa fence law

west central Iowa
So would you guys who do not want to build fence to keep the neighbors cows in be willing to sign an agreement that you would turn over to the builder of the fence anything you gain by the fence for the life of the fence. In other words if the neighbor builds all the fence between you and him and later you decide to rent stalks out or graze any kind of livestock you would reimburse him for the cost of the fence or whatever you gain from the fence. I could live with something like this as a livestock producer, though it would probably be hard to enforce. People around here would probably "give" someone the stalks for cash under the table. So then what would you do, prohibit them from any livestock on their property.

This being said I have never asked anyone to build their half to contain my cows. I've fixed what was there and got along. But I have had an adjoining landowner tell me I should put in his half of the fence to keep my cows in, only to find out later he told other people he would rent out the stalks to the high bidder if there was a new fence. And it sounds like I'm not the only one that this has happened to.

Edited by 801486 5/13/2011 13:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)