AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air seat in 7140 magnum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plaptown
Posted 1/10/2023 09:15 (#10032200)
Subject: Air seat in 7140 magnum

New to me tractor, had been sitting for about 7 yrs when I bought it. Seat would leak down in 1-2 minutes.
Played around with soapy water in a spray bottle but could only find a couple small leaks in the air lines...

Replaced all the air lines (some looked cracked) and fittings. Made a very slight difference but still leaked down in 3-4 minutes.
Replaced the valve/switch. Made no difference.
Took air bag off, pumped it up and immersed in water. Didn't see any obvious leaks.
Took compressor apart, cleaned internal pieces and oiled seals. Made no difference.

I've heard the compressors can leak internally (and it appears my cleaning and oiling did nothing) so I guess replacing it is the next step. They are over $600 from the dealer. Has anybody found a cheaper alternative that fits in the space and mounts properly?
If that doesn't do the trick, then the air bag is next. That would be the only component in the air system that hasn't been replaced.

In hindsight, I probably should've just bought a whole replacement assembly from shoup or A&I, but I think I'm in too deep now.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)