AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We had an eventful evening last night.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Deereskinner
Posted 7/3/2022 08:54 (#9731690)
Subject: We had an eventful evening last night.

Eastern WA
Killed a baby rattler on the concrete in front of the garage. Never had them this close to the houses until last year. We think the drought we had pushed them up this way as we killed 7 around the farm last year. Seeing this little guy makes me a little nervous there might be more around though.

Then we had a lightning storm roll in. Was cool to watch for a bit but we were definitely keyed up and looking for fires as the wheat has been starting to turn. Luckily the rain came with it. Over at my brother-in-laws, about 6 miles west, they were right in the path of the storm. Got almost 0.6” in about a half hour. I know that isn’t much in the I states (less Idaho), but out here we tend to measure our rainfall in hundredths. Had water running all over the place. We just finished weeding on Friday but now the summer fallow is packed back down from all that rain. Probably going to have to weed again before harvest now but oh well.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!

(C3CCC44F-967D-4A54-B884-4B0BEDA23A49 (full).jpeg)

(B58FEFF5-A3BF-4D95-960A-A06C6A3F9E02 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments C3CCC44F-967D-4A54-B884-4B0BEDA23A49 (full).jpeg (505KB - 85 downloads)
Attachments B58FEFF5-A3BF-4D95-960A-A06C6A3F9E02 (full).jpeg (80KB - 95 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)