AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Product Savings? Please explain.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hockeysmygame
Posted 7/30/2008 18:00 (#425047)
Subject: Product Savings? Please explain.

I have outback S2 and autosteer for my sprayer. Now I know everyone likes to say they pay for it by using the right amount of product but I take issue with this and if I am wrong please explain to me why. When I sprayed before without autosteer, if the rate of product was 1 pint per acre and I was spraying a 100 acre field and my sprayer put down 10 gallons per acre I put 100 pints of product and 1000 gallons of water in my sprayer and by having my sprayer calibrated I was very very close in the amount used. With autosteer if the product rate is 1 pint to the acre I'm still gonna use 100 pints to spray that 100 acre field. Right? I WILL use less water because my overlap won't be as much but I am not going to save a dime on product used. My application will be more even throughout the field but not enough so that it will save me a rescue treatment of another product. So again where do I save on amount of product used? Hope someone can either straighten me out or admit that is not going to pay for my autosteer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)