AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A blurb from "The Coach"----- fits right in with handling employees........and xxxxx, and yyyy......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jakescia
Posted 11/18/2010 09:58 (#1442006)
Subject: A blurb from "The Coach"----- fits right in with handling employees........and xxxxx, and yyyy......

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

I don't take the time to read each of "The Coach's" morning emails.......but the one this morning I think is most appropriate.

For some of you who are maybe having situations that are getting you down........you might consider asking to be put on his email list.  He is always upbeat, has appropriate "mini preachings"........just does a good job.

If you want to be on his list, email me, and I can get it done for you. There is no charge.

"The Coach" is about 67 yrs old..........so when he refers to "his coach"..............the fellow cannot be real young.

Good Morning Everyone:

I just finished a hour conversation with my coach.  I wish all of you could meet him.  Those of you who played for him know what I am talking about and I don't even need to mention his name, you know it.

It took me a long, long time in coaching to learn that I needed to tell players what I wanted them to do instead of what I did not want them to do.  Don't Fumble The Ball leaves the player with the last thought about fumbling.  Fingers over the tip and ball pressed to your rib cage is much, much smarter to say to a running back.  

When we are the person responsible for fixing things it is way to easy to focus on the mistake and talk againsta the mistake.  The wise person will suggest the correct technique, movement or function.  

It is also important to feed into your own brain what it is you want to have happen rather than that which you don't want to have happen.  

Look back in your personal history to see if you can find examples of these things in your life.  I'll bet you can find some!

Thought For the Day:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, 

you would never think a negative thought."
                        — Peace Pilgrim: Born Mildred Norman, was a peace activist and spiritual leader

Edited by jakescia 11/18/2010 09:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)