AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lost Rented Farm & Fertilizer Applied in Advance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Topshot
Posted 9/29/2008 22:08 (#471798)
Subject: Lost Rented Farm & Fertilizer Applied in Advance

Near Richmond, IN

I was recently informed by a landlord that he didn't want me to farm his land any longer-which is ok-it's his to do with what he wants.  I checked with the local co-op who does all my fertility--soil testing and application, to tell me how much fertilizer I had applied for the coming year as I usually apply fertilizer for two crops at one time.  The figure they gave me was substantial---at least to me it was.  The landlord seems to feel he has no obligation to repay me the money, although I feel I should be paid for it.  I might add I have withheld the final fall rent payment until I see how this plays out and he has informed me I can't harvest any of the crop until I pay him.

Have any of you gone through a situation like this in the past?  What outcome did you have, if you did?   I feel like it should be repaid but maybe I don't have any legal ground to stand on.  I'm going to see a lawyer just to see where I stand but I'd like to know what has happened to others in the same situation.

Thanks for any suggestions, replies.

Steve

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)