AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere on Trimble Lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

kwk
Posted 5/10/2021 09:02 (#8997573 - in reply to #8996244)
Subject: RE: John Deere on Trimble Lines

Actually I did both! I'll try to explain, my wordiness gets me in trouble sometimes... A couple fields had no Trimble line for the degrees I wanted to run, so I did exactly as you described.

One field already had a line in Trimble with the degrees I wanted so on that one I actually hooked the coulter rig to the Trimble equipped tractor and drove the line with the rig lowered. I then unhooked the rig with it in the ground and hooked up my tractor with Jd guidance and set the line in the JD display. So on that field the JD followed the Trimble. That way I didn't have to add a line in Trimble. So far I can't tell any difference between the JD created lines and the Trimble created lines.

Clear as mud? :)

I think the biggest issue is making sure the lines are the same north to south and east to west, which it appears they are when using non John Deere guidance 2. If that's correct, it's just a matter of getting the tractor lined up on the tram line, etc.

I think I may have mentioned earlier, I don't know if you do any circle track, but I'm not at all confident that Trimble and JD match well on that. I haven't been able to prove it yet.

I know this all is a bunch of work and headache, but I didn't really know of any other better and quicker way to get the lines to match since importing them wasn't an option.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)