AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere on Trimble Lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

kwk
Posted 5/5/2021 21:59 (#8989540 - in reply to #8949596)
Subject: RE: John Deere on Trimble Lines

First year experience here. We've been running Trimble RTK with a 750 monitor in a JD 8320. This year I bought an 8270R and am running SF3. I am impressed so far. Ran a coulter style strip till rig with my tractor and planted on that strip with Dad's 8320. I did go into each ab line I created in the JD display and set to Non John Deere 2. That is the Trimble guidance correction. The longest rows I ran were 1/2 mile long. Most rows were north/south or 30 degrees either way of that. I didn't have any east/west rows. Around 37.6 latitude.
I don't know if I made myself clear. Do you have any other questions?

Edit to add- I spent quite a bit of time seeing if I could get the guidance lines transferred, because I need the lines to pretty much exactly line up due to placing NH3 about 5 inches to the side of the corn row. Since we have a 750 monitor there seemed to hardly be any way to get the lines transferred. I ended up just creating new lines in the John Deere display (4600 display) and then dropping a flag under the drawbar so I could line up with the planter tractor.

Edited by kwk 5/5/2021 22:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)