AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacing a Phantom 4
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 1/22/2021 14:06 (#8772428 - in reply to #8771605)
Subject: RE: Replacing a Phantom 4

Coles County, Illinois
I agree with Buster 50 in buying as much Mavic 2 as you can afford. As you go up in price you get more sensors to keep you from crashing. I have a Mavic Air 2 Fly More. I bought it over the Mini (1) as the heavier weight allowed it to be flown in higher wind conditions. From what I've read DJI has upped it game with the Mini 2 versus wind but I don't think there's anything stopping you from flying it into anything. My Air 2 has Front, Back and down sensors but does not have the left and right sensors. A full Mavic 2 Pro would have these sensors. Although the cameras get better as you spend more money I'm not sure you'd see the difference unless you have a state of the art monitor at home. What you see in realtime is limited by the bandwidth of the radios and only zooming in back on my home computer can I see the difference in higher resolutions. It is nice though as the high resolutions allow higher flight height which also means faster scouting but since you have a drone you probably realize this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)