AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody running Autel Drones?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

bigskymapping
Posted 12/31/2020 10:03 (#8710725 - in reply to #8709090)
Subject: RE: Anybody running Autel Drones?

Galena, IL
I have the original Autel drone (the orange pumpkin) and it is a solid machine. I like it a lot and it even survived a crash with no damage (luckily it missed the grain bin and tumbled on the soft fluffy dust that naturally surrounds a grain bin). It takes excellent images, and is very easy to fly and is very stable in the air. The downside is the mission planer is very poor, but currently when I fly now, its using manual controls.

When I get my next drone (all drones eventually die), I will consider the following:

1) Can I use an android device with the drone (I refuse to buy Apple products).
2) How good is the mission planner (Autel promised a better one, but I know their latest is not compatible with the original drone).
3) Cost
4) Availability of a thermal and ndvi camera should I choose to add that capability.

Thing I like about Autel is that they are sorta made in America (at least assembled here I believe). Unfortunately they dead ended the original one, but the newest one looks like great bird. The longevity of Autel as a company is also something to think about (will they be around in a couple of years). Of course, DJI has ended up on the black-listed technology offender list, but they are the giant in the industry and have a large number of supporting companies providing value-added analysis.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)