AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mavic Mini - Sage Advice Needed...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 8/24/2020 06:09 (#8453401 - in reply to #8452513)
Subject: RE: Mavic Mini - Sage Advice Needed...

Coles County, Illinois
I have an Air 2 so the Go Fly app is the same. For a first time flight choose a takeoff/landing site carefully. It probably won't be able to takeoff from a lawn unless it's closely cut. The rear props are very close to the ground. A cardboard box unfolded to 4'x4' is more than adequate to land one.

Set your return to home height fairly high. Mine is set at 100'. When you lose signal the drone will climb to that altitude first. I've always reacquired before it gets that high.

You don't have to be an expert quickly. Mavics are so easy to fly that you'll be tempted to push the envelope. They do go brain dead where the signal freezes and you don't know what's happening. This normally happens when I'm in sport mode and flying 40 mph.

The reason I went with the Air 2 over a Mini is the ability to handle wind. A big reason I wanted one was to be able to scout surface drainage problems. I want to fly shortly after heavy rain events. Wind fly-ability is the only real issue I've heard about the sub-250 gram classes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)