AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray Drone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 7/6/2020 00:04 (#8356623 - in reply to #8355496)
Subject: RE: Spray Drone

southern MN
I know very, very, very little here......

It appears their controller can work with a phone, tablet, or they show a computer also but that seems cumbersome but might actually be best to set up flight plans? They really don’t offer much info.

They appear to be very shaky English, I’d see what kind of USA support they really have. An office in California to import, but no actual farm knowledge, I’d be cautious what I’m dealing with here. They seem to be selling components, here you are put it together and figure it out yourself?

There are going to be two issues to research on this.

1. Does your state allow drone herbicide applications? People get scared of that, and some folk might want to load up 6 liters of dicamba and go..... don’t know if you can find the rules or fly under the radar in your state, but it’s something to consider.

2. The fed agency in charge of aircraft got caught without a plan when drones exploded on the market. They are kinda pissy now, and appear to want to obliterate the use of drones unless they weigh Less than an egg, or you are a big licensed business and can dedicate a division of your company to training, licensing, and updating the drone fleet to be very controlled and appear on the internet in real time. These rules will likely appear in 2021 and kill an individual being able to operate a useful drone. On of the reasons the traffic in this section has dwindled. Big business of course, sees the very useful inspection, mapping, searching, and other work drones can do, and are helping to write the drone rules to favor the big business exclusiveness of it all. Some will say I’m wearing a tin foil hat, but they typically own an aircraft business and loath drones themselves....

So, you have to look at where you can go with it all and in what timeframe.

Paul

Edited by paul the original 7/6/2020 00:07

(56ED31EB-C703-4BB7-8220-C00F46903C19 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 56ED31EB-C703-4BB7-8220-C00F46903C19 (full).png (56KB - 187 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)