AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mavic air 2 or Mavic pro 2 for field scouting.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

rhrentz
Posted 6/29/2020 22:48 (#8344379 - in reply to #8341125)
Subject: RE: Mavic air 2 or Mavic pro 2 for field scouting.

South Carolina
I have a Mavic Pro so both of these are newer models but I will share my experience
The cameras are good but they are not like the human eye
You can see great detail looking/ flying one direction but turn slightly and you just don't get the detail or contrast you need
I fly at about 150 feet and look for abnormal spots on the ground- then drop down to 10 feet and see if I can find any problems
When you get less than 30 feet high the ground passes so quickly you really can't pick weeds- you learn to look ahead at about a 45 degree angle- then stop and investigate- maybe flying sideways to get the right view
My batteries will give about 20 minutes of good flight- if you don't stop and look very often you can cover a lot of ground but a section? doubtful
My Mavic has terrain follow -BUT it will rise if elevation increases but will not lower if ground goes downhill
I have seen people use programs like Litchi where they program the drone to follow a certain path, stop,lower, take video or photo , then travel to another point and follow another set of commands
They let the drone do it's work, return-they replaced the microSd card- and sent drone on another mission while they reviewed data from 1st mission
There again, sometimes the pictures were great- other times you just can't see what you need to see
I have a few pivots and travelling guns and the drone is a work/time saver for checking those-especially in tall corn- much quicker than even an ATV
Mine goes up nearly every day for some purpose
By the way the iPad works better for me than Android- don't know why- it just does
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)