AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using a tablet with a Drone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/18/2020 06:57 (#8264365 - in reply to #8263979)
Subject: RE: Using a tablet with a Drone

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the picture and reply. I hadn't thought about making an "adapter" that would go into the controller instead of a phone. I have a 9.7" iPad Pro. It currently uses an Otterbox case that I would prefer to continue to leave on the iPad. Between the iPad, case, holder, RAM arm, RAM ball, RAM adapter base and Controller, I think my entire assembly would be fairly heavy and difficult to hold and control. Your situation with the Mini would be better.

I think I will continue to explore my idea of mounting mine on a stand and then just holding the controller in my hands, Hopefully this will allow me to adjust the iPad to reduce glare and allow me to shift my view between the iPad and the Mavic Mini itself.

I've got another project to follow through on after the recent rain over the weekend. I forgot to remove my iPhone from my Ranger which got left outside. I retrieved it yesterday morning and at first glance everything seemed fine. The screen appeared normal. Later, I noticed no sound on the phone, the screen indication was that headphones were plugged in which was not the case. I removed my el Cheapo cover from the phone and noticed that is was wet. I tried making a call to a person close to me. She reported that all she heard was a scratchy sound when I spoke. I heard nothing from her as the phone still thought it was connected to a headphone.

Later in the day this cleared and I thought everything was back to normal. I then put the phone in a holder for a different controller which holds the phone sideways. After a bit the screen went wacky. I speculate that moisture is still present and has affected the screen display. It consists of a bars and stripes which are unreadable. Actually the phone seems to react to the home button, screen swipes etc. except that I can not read the screen.

I took the iPhone 6 into Fast Phone Repair in Mankato Mn. They replaced the screen and everything now seems normal. Now to remember to bring it in at night and not to put anything sharp in the same pocket. The new screen, labor, tax etc. was around $80 which I was willing to pay and delay going to a newer phone for a while.

Edited by tedbear 5/18/2020 16:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)