AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FAA going to require Internet Access??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 4/1/2020 07:18 (#8155413 - in reply to #8155273)
Subject: RE: FAA going to require Internet Access??

WC Mn/Dakotas
No far from hating drones. What I dislike is people with no aviation training entering the aviation world with zero respect for current aviation. Both forms of aviation can and will fly safely together in the future there is no doubt in my mind. It's not just me, it's EVERY aviation organization in the U.S. that opposes this cowboy mentality of novice drone pilots.

Right now the uav world exploded out and is way in front of the FAA and the rest of the aviation world. It is in a "cowboy" stage. It will be brought into the modern world by the FAA sooner than later. That's what the op started here and I attempted to interject some wisdom about aviation until a few rookie cowboys got there feelings hurt by a professional aviator.

I think the forum is just fine and accomplishing what it needs to do...EDUCATE drone aviators and want to be (in the nice sense) aviators about all of aviation not just their own currently largely uncontrolled segment. I'm well aware the fact that agriculture has gotten a free pass on many regulations in the past, but mark my words, aviation will not be one of them. So go ahead and not believe me, villanize me, block me, etc (stick your head in the sand all you want). There will be drone regulations, there needs to be. Yes it will add some expenses to drones, but it likely will add 10x that amount to manned aviation in doing so.

I would personally prefer most of this financial burden to be placed squarely on those creating the need for it....drone operators and not pass it off on current viable aviation segments. Drones are looking for problems to fix and I think that is real progress. However business models are struggling to make it even in the current state of almost no regulations or responsibilities. Add any amount of modern world regulation and financial responsibilities and yes it will prevent many casual drone operators. Im sorry but thats the way the world works, deal with it. Everyone else in aviation does, what makes drones so special?

Heres a pro tip... get organized and show the FAA you can self regulate and there is no need for them to step in on day to day drone flights. That's essentially what the ag aviation group did back in the 90s. Had we not, the FAA would have passed rules that would have financially ruined our industry. If you have so much to offer, you should be able to figure out a way for drones to sense manned aircraft and stay out of way. If there is zero chance of a drone colliding with a manned craft, there is little reason for a regulation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)