AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"The Coach"----- on pain..............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jakescia
Posted 3/11/2009 14:37 (#640313)
Subject: "The Coach"----- on pain..............

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
THese comments seem to be appropriate-------whether the pain be physcial, emotional, economical.........
From "The Coach":
Good Afternoon Everyone:

OK you regulars.  You caught me.  No you did not miss today's thought for the day, I just was really pressed for time and did not get it out until NOW.   Nice to be missed.  Smile.

The resent message on not quitting seemed to touch a cord with a number of our loyal subscribers who only receive these thoughts with their permission.  So, I will send out another one on the same subject because not quitting is something I really believe in.

All of us have faced pain in one form or another in our lives.  Pain can be physical or emotion, it is still pain.  I am losing weight right now and my stomach keep telling my brain that it is in pain and that I should feed it.  I told a bunch of people who are depending on me that I would lose the weight and i am not going to let them down.  My stomach is just going to have to get used to it.  What I am feeling is not really pain it is discomfort.  My beautiful wife is a tremendous cook and I love to eat.  So I am toughing it out and the feeling of accomplishment is superior to the feeling of a full belly.

I have never quit any sport or activity.  Once in a boxing match I was taking a pretty good whoopin in the first two rounds and I thought about not going back out but my heart and feet would not let me.  In the third round he may have grown weary of punching me so many times, he could not keep going and now it was my turn.  After the third time I knocked him down he would not get back up.  TKO, just because I didn't quit and kept trying my best.

That session taught me a valuable lesson that served me well many times.  Fight On, Never, Never, Never, Give Up.  That was a really physical lesson for me but sometimes it isn't the physical that requires courage.  These are tough times in our country with the economy.  If we hang tough even just one more day we can win out for ultimate victory.  We each have an indomitable spirit that can endure much if we just keep the faith.  

Thought For The Day:
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year,
But eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.
If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
Lance Armstrong

Question Of The Day:

Will you tough it out when the going gets tough or take the
easy way out?

Coach s.

Tough Times Don't Last . . . Tough People Do!

Edited by jakescia 3/12/2009 09:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)