AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When you leave me a voicemail
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MNRyeGrower
Posted 3/11/2009 17:10 (#640439 - in reply to #639570)
Subject: Re: When you leave me a voicemail

Central MN
I HATE leaving VMail messages. That said, if I do. I make a point to say who I am , what co I am with (if calling for business) and my phone number. THEN, I state my reason for calling then REPETE my name and phone number again. THing I hate is when someone calls and leaves this LONG LONG Msg, then at the end blurts out the name/number and you miss it. So what do you gotta do? Re-listen to the ENTIRE msg again to "hopefully" get the name/number. At least if they miss the number they can reply it right away from the beginning if you state it first. Also better to repeat it at the end as a listener is likely to miss writing it down if its the first thing you say but if you state it again at end, they may be able to catch it without needing to re-listen to the msg at all.

Of course stating my name first works for me because people don't mind hearing from me. If you are not well liked it gives them the opportunity to delete your msg before you get past stating who you are. Not sure who on here would have that problem but you never know ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)