AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kids say the funniest things
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/12/2009 05:45 (#641198 - in reply to #639102)
Subject: RE: I have to watch what I say............

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Good one Gifford! You really have to watch what you say around kids, their little ears pick it all up! Each one of my boys have repeated word for word things I've said! I had to laugh the day the kindergarten teacher told me about how my first boy told, how dad sticks his arm clean up to his shoulders in a cow's butt. Or the time he told another kid to quit crying, wining about something, or he was going to kick his butt and really give him something to cry about!

Or the day my second boy wasn't feeling very up to par. He told me his sugar level must be low, he needed some sugar! ( he had been hanging out with the grandparents who had diabetes)

Or the time my third boy had complained about not going very many family vacations. We had all gone to watch oldest boy westle at state competition. That nite in the hotel room, my wife asked him how was his vacation going? He replied, hey it's a working for me, how about you dad!

I've been very fortunate to have all my boys go to a little elementary school, just 3 miles from home. The most kids in the school was 12 at any one time in the last 15 years. I was able to help get a senior citizen program started in our valley, that is held at the school during the week, two days a week, plus the doctor from town comes and sees patients at the school as well one day a week. It has been a blessing that my kids grandparents can go to school and eat lunch with the youngest boy, and be involved with him in school programs.

I had to laugh when the kindergarten teacher told me she wouldn't repeat anything my kids told about home life at school, if parents would believe what kids come home and tell mom and dad about what goes on at school! I told the teacher it sounded like a fair deal!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)