AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI Mavic Pro and Pro 2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/14/2019 15:10 (#7906989 - in reply to #7906819)
Subject: DJI Mavic Mini

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Rector - 12/14/2019 13:02

Let us know how you like it.

I am looking at the DJI Mavic Air
https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air?vid=38961

I've messed with the Mavic Mini some and have taken some pictures and short videos to get the feel of how that works. I have it set to make lower resolution copies of the pictures and videos and have played them back on the iPhone that I use. I have also physically removed the memory card and watched the pictures and videos from the higher resolution format stored on the card. I have a USB card reader. The files are in the DCIM folder as usual. They appeared to be quite good considering that the pictures were taken in my office.

I need to be concerned about charging three batteries. 1) the iPhone 2) the controller and 3) the battery in the aircraft itself. Since I got the basic kit I do not have the smart charger and extra batteries. These would have come with the Fly More version. The Fly More version contains everything which is in the basic kit that I got but also includes more spare parts, two extra batteries, an intelligent charger, a case and a prop guard . This probably would have been a better choice than just the basic kit. I was so green at this that I didn't realize how all the pieces of these bundles interact.

As far as battery charging goes, 1) the iPhone is charged with a USB to lightning cable as usual. 2) The basic kit contains a single USB to micro cable which is used to charge the internal battery in the controller 3) the same USB to micro cable is used to charge the battery in the aircraft. Since I had a second USB to micro cable from other equipment, I was able to use three separate cables to charge the three devices at the same time.

How does it fly? I don't know as I haven't had the courage to try it in my office in the house. Due to a fair amount of snow, I'm reluctant to take it outside for fear of losing it. If it were Summer I would have tried flying it by now. I have two friends who have experience with Phantom 4s of their own. Maybe I'll ask one of them to work with me on my first flight. I'm a bit concerned about prop damage since I don't have the prop guard. The mini does seem rather fragile in many respects.

Edited by tedbear 12/14/2019 15:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)