AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

-31*C, 8" snow, wind howling!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/10/2009 10:05 (#638472 - in reply to #638245)
Subject: Re:Tsk, Tsk Rosco

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
When are you going to learn that it's not county services, it's a retirement home! Wait till you go to a 4 day school week, you will only get 3 days of plowing done! It used to be first priority for the plows to run ahead of the school bus. Only if the plow guys get out of bed, even if it had been forecasted to snow that day for 48 hours before hand! You don't need to worry about broke equipment here, they trade graders every 2-3 years here they don't buy them and run them. Lets rent them, then not put any hours on then, we might go over the lease terms! The last graders we just got had GPS on them for laying roads down. What they don't do road repair we don't have any money for that! Don't even think about asking to fill a pot hole! Even though we send two guys to ride around in a DODGE diesel 4x4 truck to check frost law or their bi-weekly road check. They can't put any hot mix in to patch roads. We have to wait for election time to go out and patch roads! We got our 4 year patches done last year, all in one day!

Our county is spilt 50/50 on roads west/ east half. the crew we have on my side is 2 guys for the same miles of road. the crew on the east half is 8 guys. It's a total joke! I can't count how many times in the last 20 years, I've had to plow in front of milk tanker to get him to the farm. The West side here has a new plow truck, but it can't plow very good, because the sander that goes on it, isn't mounted on it! The mechanic we have hired can't figure out how to plumb the hyds. for it! So he runs with no weight on truck!( this truck has been like this for 5 years)

The men are fully capable to do the work, but there is no direction from road boss or commissioners. Better yet our county takes money from the Forest Service and BLM to maintain gravel roads, that they never grade! It's a joke!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)