AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking to buy a drone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 12/10/2019 20:59 (#7899614 - in reply to #7898750)
Subject: RE: Looking to buy a drone

nw NC
Well, I read all about it and watched all the videos. The videos show it to be simple to operate and the unit has features that would be desirable and useful for many people. I read the specs for it and saw that max control range is a little over one half mile. This might be a turn off for some people. The user videos were very jerky in my opinion. Some of it was inexperienced operator, but I suspect the most of it has to do with lack of a three axis gimble mounting for the camera. Also the camera is wide angle that gave distortion to things visible to the right and left sides of the video . For instance light poles around the athletic field seen in the video looked like this ( and ) , they were so distorted. Not good for quality video or still photographs either.

I have a DJI Phantom 4 that I bought nearly two years ago. It was very easy to learn to fly and is simple to operate all controls. Video is extremely smooth due to the 3 axis gimble . The crispness of image and colors are spectacular. I am extremely pleased with it. I bought it on eBay auction. It was a new , opened box , never been used unit that was a display in a store somewhere. The seller apparently bought it as a close-out to resell at a profit. Seller thought that it would not have warranty. That may have scared off some bidders. I was second bid on it and my bid held for three days or more and my bid won. I found out that because it had never been registered with DJI, it had full warranty which begins when unit is first registered . Price I paid was very pleasing to me. Grin ! Grin !

I suggest that you look closely at the site that you linked to and closely watch the videos that users have displayed. Then go to youtube and watch farmer's videos that have drone footage in them. The difference in smoothness is very noticeable .

I recommend that you watch eBay for a good used complete package ( drone, controller, two batteries, charger, etc. ) DJI Phantom 4 or one of the Mavic models that many on AgTalk have praise for. The Holy Stone unit , I feel will be a disappointment to you if you are looking for quality video and still photos. You will have to pay more for a good used DJI than the Holy Stone, but it will be worth it.

Edited by WJKEIGER 12/10/2019 21:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)