AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ebay question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JDFarmall
Posted 3/12/2009 00:08 (#641099 - in reply to #637260)
Subject: Re: Ebay question

Northeast Nebraska
Plowboy and a few others are correct. Ask questions of the seller and evaluate their responses to know if you are dealing with a good seller or not. (For sure on higher dollar transactions.) You can tell pretty quickly who is a good seller and who is not. If in doubt, move on to the next seller and item. I've had over 250 transactions and have only had a few times where it wasn't a perfectly smooth deal. Even those got worked out so I have faith in the system. Just use common sense and be able to walk away if it doesn't feel right. email is your friend and be sure to be upfront BEFORE you buy and cover all bases so there are NO surprises. Good luck!!

By the way, it's the BUYER's responsibilty to purchase insurance or not. If it's a low cost item, it's not worth it to me. If it's damaged in shipping, the Post Office keeps the item and refunds your money. Sometimes you can't get another one, or even slightly damaged, I'd rather have it than not.

Lastly, if I feel the need, a couple extra bucks given for better packaging is money well spent in my book. Many sellers state that if you do not buy insurance, you're out of luck after they ship it. As a seller, you have to worry about folks who get the item yet "claim" it's broken or lost and want a refund. It works both ways. Be careful, be aware and communicate always!!

Edited by JDFarmall 3/12/2009 00:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)