AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

digtal TV
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/9/2009 01:09 (#636920 - in reply to #636906)
Subject: Re: digtal TV

southern MN
I am in a fringe area, and should only get 1 station, analog or digital.

In fact, from 80 plus miles away, we could get an additonal 8 channels on analog. They were not perfect, but were watchable and came in 80% of the time or better.

Now with digital, don't really know where we are. All get poor in bad weather, or even when the sun is in the wrong place. The closest station is in a different direction than the rest, and the digital signal will reflect & go bad from it because the antennea is not pointed at it - on analog, I can pick that station up from the connector on the back of the TV....

The best digital station we get is now on 1/2 power in a UHF channel, but when it changes in June it will revert to it's actual VHF ch 11 - that is a major change, so I don't know if it will come in after it changes.

The rest are all iffy, 2 come in pretty often, the rest are 50-50 or less. I don't know if the boost in power will help me, since I am so far on the fringe.

Can't really find any help or anyone who knows, since according to the charts, I'm not supposed to be getting the analog signals, so they assume I won't get the digital either.

At least I can see Nascar until June at the farm, then can be busy until fall & figure it out when they have things settled down.

Even Dish/ Direct TV would be a challenge, I have 3 nice black walnut trees south of the house with a grove of nice hardwoods right behind them. I like running the chainsaw, but would be very hard to trade those trees for a TV signal. It would cost me an air conditioner as well, those walnuts keep the house prtetty cool most of the time.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)