AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What identification have you shown to check into a motel?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 3/7/2009 09:09 (#634644)
Subject: What identification have you shown to check into a motel?

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

Just pondering our last vacation last September, and one motel we stayed in at Stone Mountain, Georgia.

Atlanta is about half way from our house to Orlando Florida, so we booked a Best Western at Stone Mountain, East of Atlanta, with the idea of investigating Stone Mountain.

Nice motel, clean, I believe we were the only customers that night in September.  I was surprised they not only wanted to see my drivers license when checking in, but they also copied it.

I know it is in the best interest for a motel to know who is staying in their rooms, and I didn't have any problems at the time, but a sort of nagging feeling that copying my drivers license was a tad too invasive. 

I have stayed at a lot of motels in my lifetime, this is the first where they copied my license.  Anybody else have this experience?  Could that copy possibly be used to make a fake ID or steal my identity?

Again, to me it is no big deal, but something in the back of my mind keeps nagging at me, thinking that motel might have went too far.  I do know I will not go back there, even though it was clean, reasonably priced, quiet, and good in every other way.

If it makes any difference, the people in charge seemed to be normal people, not foreign in any way.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)