AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI Phantom vs Mavic - For Haying Videos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

robmgrig
Posted 8/6/2019 00:18 (#7656105 - in reply to #7637426)
Subject: RE: DJI Phantom vs Mavic - For Haying Videos

West TN
The newest Phantom (Phantom 4 V20) has a better camera than the Mavics. However, only people trained in photography are likely to be able to take advantage of it or notice the difference.

The Phantom will be a little more stable in high wind due to more powerful motors and being heavier.

I believe the Mavics are much more durable if crashed. I’ve seen one flown into the side of a grain bin at fast speed with no damage. The Phantom’s gimbal is just hanging down begging to be broke off.

The Mavics folding up is a big plus. Phantoms are not easy to transport.

I feel the Phantoms controller is a lot better. I can seem to control the drone a lot better with the controller than the Mavics with their controller.

The newest model drones have several more flying modes (Tripod, Active Track, etc) that make it very user friendly to get steady shots.

Battery life is not 30 minutes. Maybe if you’re just hovering with no wind you might get close.

Unless you’re flying recklessly, the drones are almost failsafe now with all the sensors. But the sensors will NOT stop you from hitting something at full speed.

I get really close to my equipment at times. But I usually position the drone, let it hover then drive the equipment under or near it. Much safer this way.

My personal preference is the Phantom. But the film crew that filmed us last year for “The American Farm” was using a Mavic Air. So if that one’s good enough to shoot TV footage, it outta be good enough for your purposes.

Here’s my last 2 videos I’ve done. Both with Phantom 4 V20.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SlH5QvCcU1Q

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9e2npTW61c
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)