AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone for beginner..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ARCTIC
Posted 7/19/2019 10:51 (#7623629 - in reply to #7617944)
Subject: RE: Drone for beginner..

NW Iowa
I have a DJI Mavic Air. This is my first drone and I'm very impressed with the range, capability and ease of use. A few nice safety features: it has obstacle avoidance so it prevents you from running into stuff. There's a "go to home" button on the remote that automatically sends the drone back to where it took off from. It shows a meter at the top of your phone screen and it tracks how far you are away from "home" and suggests when you should head back based on the distance and amount of battery. I'm pretty sure it sends the drone home automatically when it loses contact with the controller (haven't tested it yet). You 100% want a screen to run these and it's not necessary to have the smartphone connected to a cellular service to use it as your display. You should have a decent concept of how to run a smartphone in order to fly these drones. I purchased a plastic hard carry case and I keep my drone in the backseat of my truck at all times. That thing is nice and compact and REALLY HANDY when you need/want it. It will fly about 3/4 of a mile easily and keep a strong signal and feed live video back to you.
It's a fun toy to kill time while waiting to refill the corn planter

(planter (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments planter (full).jpg (138KB - 262 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)