AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sentera worth it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

sokofan
Posted 4/18/2019 13:55 (#7446426 - in reply to #7444914)
Subject: RE: Sentera worth it?

Well... actually the original question was "Anyone have any good/bad experiences with this company?" I had a bad experience so was merely expressing my misgivings regarding Sentera's past. Although, to your point, I haven't used them in the past couple of years... I'm glad to hear they've maybe changed their ways since I last used their products. I've moved on and when folks ask me for recommendations, I usually mention senseFly. They have a long track record when it comes to providing accurate, survey-grade imagery. They have more reliable airframes, a larger sensor portfolio, easier to use/more robust flight planning software, and a seamless image processing solution in Pix4D. They're the real deal...

I'm curious, Sentera or senseFly aside, have you seen an ROI on any of this data? Have you changed any of your management practices based on a population map or an NDVI captured from a drone? Most of the data I've seen is pretty neat from my nerdy GIS enthusiast perspective, but I'm skeptical that it's generating any actionable insights that are being deployed in the field.

Anyway, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers and I'm glad you've had a good experience with them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)