AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please, I want a drone for my son.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/20/2019 19:56 (#7391907 - in reply to #7391399)
Subject: RE: Please, I want a drone for my son.

southern MN
Drones are sort of cutting edge ideas, with crazy amount of software to control them so easy.

It is sort of the way they all are, finicky.

That is the word.

Finicky.

Mine would not fly one day, I was 30 miles from home. After an hour of trying stuff, was ready to just run it over. Last thing I tried I forgot to put the memory card in it, flew perfect. Huh? It couldn’t take pics, but it flew perfect. Swapped in my backup memory card, and it flew perfect. Something on the regular card ticked it off and it wouldn’t fly. The memory card is only for taking pics videos. Should have no bearing.......

Updating the software on a dji is complicated, or was anyhow mine is several years old. The batteries, the drone, the controller, and the app all have sperate software and need to be compatible with each other’s versions. It is -real- easy for a person to get that off because there is no one ‘update’ button but different processes to update theee of the items. I could see a lot of the complaints being people who don’t understand they don’t have all the different parts properly updated.

So, take the complaints you read with a grain of salt.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)