AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Drone Regulation Regarding Display Of Registration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Jason_WI
Posted 2/27/2019 19:11 (#7348663 - in reply to #7331842)
Subject: RE: New Drone Regulation Regarding Display Of Registration

NE WI
GOOSEPILOT - 2/19/2019 21:21

I would guess 1 of 2 things will eventually become mandatory. Drones will need an annual inspection by a professional to insure its on the up and up like an airplane. Or manufacturers will be required to permanently "stamp" it like a firearm. Way too loose so far.

Its a stupid toy. I've been flying model airplanes since the late 80's. How you going to stop all the 3D printed drones with open source hardware and software? How you going to stop the scratch build model airplanes? Going to ban balsa wood?? Clean the internet of all model airplane plans?? I can build an ultralite and go fly and kill myself without a license or inspection but need to have an inspected model airplane?!?!?!

The media did an excellent job of sensationalizing the "drone safety issue". When you scrape all the crap off you see that Amazon, Google, and the military contractors want the 0-400' airspace and will do anything to make it difficult for the general public to utilize it.

I'd be more worried about a flock of Canadian geese ruining your day than a drone.

Edited by Jason_WI 2/27/2019 19:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)