AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Drone Regulation Regarding Display Of Registration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 2/20/2019 05:54 (#7332026 - in reply to #7331842)
Subject: RE: New Drone Regulation Regarding Display Of Registration

Chebanse, IL.....

Goosepilot

Not really sure how much you know about general aviation aircraft & drones, or are just really-really hating drones for some reason.

If you really-really hate them, I'm interested in a specific problem or incident they have caused you? Again, I relate back to the ultralights that evolved in the '70s that drew ire of many "professional pilots". They seem to be doing just fine today. There are a lot of aircraft incidents & accidents these days. Some mid-airs. Some on the ground, some buy the farm, some get by with a replacement prop, etc. Point is, they're probably all certificated, inspected, and licensed aircraft. I'm guessing there are 10 times as many drones as registered aircraft in N.A.. Haven't seen big problems yet. But, as we all know, there are violators of anything contrived by man.

Re. inspections.....Amateur built (aka "homebuilt") planes require no inspection by a "professional", like that by my A&I/Comml ASMEL BIL (46 yrs experience) looking over my shoulder. Also, Experimental Light Sport Aircraft (ELSA) require no "professional inspection". These planes have n-numbers, so the point is, just seeing an n-number doesn't mean inspections. Drones are required presently to be "self-inspected". Finally, the reality of life is that not all the airplanes we see passing overhead are meeting legal inspection requirements. An airframe doesn't turn into a pumpkin @ midnight when the annual or progressive expires. It just keeps flying. Same with pilots, not all them are legal either. Not uncommon to find seasoned pilots without medicals. Such is life.

Finally, re internal specific markings, I don't know about ALL drones, but I do know that the majority (66% of N.A. market) of those you see today are built by DJI. The serial number is factory stamped on the inside battery compartment. I'm just not familiar with other brands and their markings. But, again, like that gun your brought up, if it becomes a stolen gun, or stolen drone, or stolen PA23, what then? Perhaps not even stolen, those intending to do harm figure out a way to do it regardless of your or my contrived safeguards.

By the way, I enjoy & appreciate all human-made flying things as much as anyone on here. My wife & I were married in one (C411) 40 yrs ago. Presiding judge w/commercial rating was a student of mine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)