AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please change this forum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/23/2019 13:04 (#7266500 - in reply to #7264858)
Subject: RE: Pics are useful

southern MN
I find flying over my farm crops once a week to be very useful. I see stuff I don’t see from the fie”d road. It is difficult to quantify -exactly- one or two points as it is a cumulative thing, but the drone flying has made my farm better.

My drone is giving me some troubles, a P3, think I will need to replace it this spring. Can’t imagine not having one at this point.

Couple friends/ relatives really look forward to me flying over their fields, they watch several times and learn things on their farms as well.

I understand the specialized cameras and data crunching turns into a service, and not so much for every farmer to own. And all that is still in its infancy, trying to compile raw data into useful info that is worth the service at this point.

Drones are sort of limited on the acres they can cover per man hour and during good weather, and the service needs to have a lot lot lot of data to be able to figure out what the drones are seeing. So it is a tough question of time and money to compile something that costs a couple of dollars an acre.....

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)