AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snow and ice were useful today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 1/20/2009 20:18 (#578046)
Subject: Snow and ice were useful today

Bought a used center dump wagon at an auction in December mainly for the almost new running gear I wanted for another project. Being a one man show I often have to figure out creative ways to move large cumbersome objects on my own. I have no pallet forks for my skidloader and did not want to damage the thinner sheet metal sides of the wagon by lifting on them.

I removed the sideboard extensions and set about figuring how to lift this box off the running gear. Turns out I had a short piece of 3 point mounted toolbar I had used this summer to make a wire installer with and it just so happened to be cut to the right width to lift the 2 steel box runners directly between the 3 point lift brackets on the bar. Had the bar been a few inches longer it would have struck the tires and would have had to be shortened. The other end the skidloader bucket easily lifted up. Suspending the boxes from these 2 lifting devices allowed me to drag the running gear sideways out from under the box on the slippery snow with the 4 wheeler.

I have another beat up old wagon I use for hauling wood and rocks, tree branches and fence etc from grubbing out fencerows. I pulled the sideboards off of it and drug it sideways underneath the suspended box. Set one end down on a couple old piston sleeves under the runners and was able to slide it on the wagon to get it slid to right where I wanted it.Set the other end down then lifted the first end up and removed the sleeve rollers put the sideboards back on and ended up with the new running gear ready to use.  

Worked slick just thought I would share a few pictures !

(PC300033 (Small).JPG)

(P1200001 (Small).JPG)

(P1200005 (2) (Small).JPG)

(P1200013 (Small).JPG)

(P1200036 (2) (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PC300033 (Small).JPG (44KB - 122 downloads)
Attachments P1200001 (Small).JPG (47KB - 136 downloads)
Attachments P1200005 (2) (Small).JPG (51KB - 140 downloads)
Attachments P1200013 (Small).JPG (55KB - 142 downloads)
Attachments P1200036 (2) (Small).JPG (35KB - 121 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)