AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what can a drone do in regards to ag??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 12/15/2015 23:54 (#4963311)
Subject: what can a drone do in regards to ag??

East Central, Nebraska
I know that is a broad question, just wondering if their is other options out there for utilizing a drone. taking pictures and scouting fields is great but is their anything else available or coming down the pipeline to utilize the aircraft more than video and pictures? maybe some imagery or could a crop sensor maybe be mounted to one? just looking for a little more reason to own one. I have heard people say that their is some cool stuff coming down the pipeline regarding drones and agriculture, but what does that mean?

I thought I could maybe use it to diagnose center pivot irrigation problems to a point. check cattle in tree filled pastures. is there any technology out there that would allow the droneto sit at the end of the pasture and be controlled from a remote location. that would allow me to do cattle checks from miles away in my office, now that would be cool. just exploring ideas out there that I have maybe missed.

when looking at different models what does a person look for, dji seems to be a drone of choice but why might I want a fancier model as opposed to a phantom pro? is it just the cameras that get better or are their other more obvious benefits?

edit, I see that a similar question was asked below, people talking about the imagery and such, where can I find information on this?

Edited by caseihfarmer 12/16/2015 00:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)