AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

plowboy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Guest #VIII
Posted 8/6/2006 18:57 (#33282 - in reply to #33170)
Subject: RE: plowboy

I think that is where Plowboy makes his enemies. I agree with you 100% that you can disagree with him, but do it respectfully. However, Plowboy doesn't exactly follow this himself. I've been on these Ag forums ever since the start - back in '95 or so - and I cannot count the number of times I've seen him say something to the effect "I cannot believe anyone would be so dumb, foolish, etc, to think/post/say that. THAT is what really gets under people's skin. There have been posts that truly were dumb that he has responded in that manner, but there have been plenty of others where I felt the person had made a reasonable point.

He has also made some off-hand comments about certain equipment and how it "has no use in modern agriculture" - the problem being, he apparently doesn't realize there is more to this planet than just Kansas. The size of the equipment used in his neck of the woods simply will not work efficiently in some other parts of the country. This is how he has earned the "BTO" label by some of his detractors.

So, all-in-all, Plowboy has his fans but he has also burned a lot of bridges over the years too with his arrogant attitude. I've seen others on here defend him by saying that confidence can sometimes come across as arrogance - and I'll admit that typing something is a whole lot different than talking in person, but there are a lot of people on here that are really good about getting their points/opinions across in a RESPECTFUL manner without causing bad feelings.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)