AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

plowboy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 8/6/2006 04:23 (#33108 - in reply to #33028)
Subject: Re:Nick's comment and ed's "This is not a chat room"

West Union, Illinois

OK, this would probably be more appropriate in the Forum Talk area, but since it started here we may as well finish it here ... unlike on some other more moderated places.

Nick, I'm not going to defend Mark.  He doesn't need it and I'd probably do a poor job of it.  Plowboy I am familiar with. deeredriver I am not.  Would you like to tell us more about yourself so we have a better idea of who we are talking with, or do you just wish to hide behind the anonymity of the internet?

I've been on several of these "Internet Discussion Groups"  There are a couple totally unrelated ones I am pretty regular on.  I enjoy this one more than about any ag-related group.  It has an interesting mix of people who will offer good advice and straight answers.  One thing you will find is we seem to have a high intolerance for (excuse my language) asshole behavior.  You can be one if you wish, just don't act like it on here .

As my Momma taught me, you can think anything you like.  That doesn't mean you have to say it.

Ed Winkle - This is not a chat room.

Yes. it is not a chat room. Surprised I've had that discussion with my wife several times and she just doesn't see the subtle differences.  I guess it is just the old farmer in me, but I don't enjoy chat rooms.  I much prefer being able to set and think on what an appropriate response would be.  Even if I don't always make one. Embarassed  And from time to time we get a bit off topic.  But as a whole it seems everyone has been pretty well-behaved the last few months.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)