AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flexi Coil Disc Drill?????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Matt NCOK
Posted 8/4/2006 01:08 (#32467 - in reply to #32465)
Subject: RE: Flexi Coil Disc Drill?????

Owned one for a several years and just got rid of it for an JD 1890. They were correct, it doesn't work at all in conventional till, it's just too heavy!!! The openers would move so much dirt it looked like 15" ridge till when you got done, the rear openers would move 2"-3" of dirt over the front rows. Pushing that much dirt took the bearings out of the of the cleaning wheel at the rate of about three bearings per pass. If ground is at all moist, the cleaning wheel would pack full of dirt. Only way it ever worked was if worked ground was packed by a pounding rain and you sowed into it w/o doing any further tillage. We always got a good stand in no-till, but it took a small fortune to keep it running..........and a small army 30 minutes to make adjustments if you ever wanted to change seeding depth. Our's was only a single shoot, so I can't imagine the nightmare a double-shoot would be. I guess I shouldn't bash it, it was built heavy, did a good job at what is was designed to do........but I was never so happy to see a piece of equipment leave our farm, as the morning they came and got it. Next owner might get along fine with it, but it was just one of those pieces of equipment you just get tired of fighting with and dread taking to the field because you know you're going to work on it. The FC 6000 was a disappointment considering how pleased we are with our Flexi-coil carts and hoe drill, which I still think are the best on the market.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)