AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worst models of tractors/combines by company
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lemon Owner
Posted 8/4/2006 02:34 (#32486 - in reply to #32358)
Subject: RE: Worst models of tractors/combines by company

Well I've owned a few lemons in my liftime, and also had some incredible machines. Worst combine I've ever had, was a 1977 Massey 760 with the 6 cylinder ,hydro. This combine broke down every day, including the first day we owned it. You name it, it broke. 1981 Gleaner N7 was our next combine, and although not as bad as the Massey, it to had its share of problems, alternator after alternator, spindles breaking, gear box bolts shearing off and breaking the lip on the gear box, feeder chains constantly jumping off the sprockets, air conditioning never working, always running hot no matter how clean you kept the rad and compartment, everything electrical, and on and on. Best combine I've ever owned was a 1988 J.D. 8820. Ran this combine for 5 years, with only 1.. 20 minute breakdown (key came out of top shaft on return elevator under the seat). Best tractor....hands down would be a 1981 875 Versatile. At 10,000 hours, we decided to roll in a set of bearings, and the mechanic said that the old ones still looked like new. Worst J.D. combine that my father owned, was a 6600 J.D...after he ran 55's, then 95's, then when he bought this combine, I remember him saying it was a piece of junk.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)