AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any one else trade "backwards"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 8/3/2006 17:45 (#32332)
Subject: any one else trade "backwards"

Is there any one else out there besides me who has traded newer equipment back in for older stuff and been happy they did so? Here is the long and short of it..........back in 2001 I traded my CIH 7220 MFWD off on a brand new MX220, the new tractor had all the bells and whistles. For the first year I loved the tractor, but after that it was down hill fast. The auto a/c only worked when it wanted, had at least 2 hyd. lines under the cab fail every season, which required the dealer to come out and fix. The 3ph electronics were always going haywire, and many other little nuisence problems. Some big problems it had were it ate turbos for lunch, and leaked oil out of the transmisson all the time despite several dealer "fixes". We never pulled the snot out of it either, and are religous about keeping our equipment clean and maintained up to specs. I had enough so this spring I traded off for 2 CIH 7240's and don't regret it one bit. I will never buy another MX again, the only thing I miss is the roomy-ness of the cab. I am now getting quite tired of my STX375, which I traded a 9350 for, and am thinking of going back to a 9370 or 80, at least I cam e to my senses before I traded off my other good tractors (9230,9330, and 9170) on any more "X" series junk from CIH...........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)