AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MN Farmfest
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 8/4/2006 00:26 (#32457 - in reply to #32443)
Subject: RE: MN Farmfest - Kinze etc

Driftless SW Wisconsin
I can't comment on the hog equipment other than I did see quite a bit of manure handling equipment.

The Kinze planter may not have been of interest to you but it is a major introduction of a much simpler central fill system than Kinze has had in the past.

As far as John Deere goes, I guess the corporate folks think they don't have to show much and let the local dealer be their only presence here. I appreciate Kibble trying on their own. It is tough/expensive without corporate support. This show draws folks from wider than his own sales area. I spoke with folks from Wisconsin, ND, SD & IA today in addition to MN.

I thought Cat and the other tractor manufacturers showed a wider range of their products.

We had a lot of interest in strip till and our 3004 fertilizer coulter especially. Also a lot of discussion on 20" vs 30" vs twin rows for corn, especially if a producer is moving away from beans and does not plant beets.

Given the discussions at Farmfest, the amazing turnout at the U of MN Lamberton strip till day last Tuesday, Waseca on Thursday and Hart's near Plainview the week before there is at least a portion of the farming community in MN really excited about corn on corn; reduced fuel and reduced fertilizer/banding.

By the way it was good to see George Rehm today. Sorry to hear he is retiring from the U of MN.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 8/4/2006 00:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)