AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting in PA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ScottPA
Posted 4/23/2008 21:26 (#363901)
Subject: Planting in PA

Jersey Shore, PA
Got back into it today. So far about 225 acres planted. That's somewhere around halfway for us. A little earlier than the last 2 years, but we've had some pretty warm weather. A brief shower today, but not enough to hardly wet the ground. 70's til Fri then rainy weekend. Hope to get a couple good days in yet.

It's my first year w/the auto steer. I love it. I can watch what's going on behind me and catch things before the get too bad(leaks, trash buildup etc.) And this is BY FAR the straightest my rows have ever been:)

Putting on starter thru the keetons(in the planter tanks) and all of my N thru the JD openers(the blue tank).

Scott

(cornplt.JPG)

(cornplt1.JPG)

(cornplt3.JPG)

(cornplt5.JPG)

(cornplt8.JPG)

(cornplt9.JPG)

(cornplt11.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cornplt.JPG (95KB - 97 downloads)
Attachments cornplt1.JPG (93KB - 95 downloads)
Attachments cornplt3.JPG (72KB - 111 downloads)
Attachments cornplt5.JPG (99KB - 103 downloads)
Attachments cornplt8.JPG (87KB - 99 downloads)
Attachments cornplt9.JPG (87KB - 93 downloads)
Attachments cornplt11.JPG (86KB - 95 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jon S
Posted 4/23/2008 21:43 (#363912 - in reply to #363901)
Subject: RE: Planting in PA

Very nice looking rig Scot. You guys in central PA seem to farm in between Mountain ridges, but it looks like great soil in between those ridges. I go up to Penn State for CCA credits every year and it looks just like the scenery in your photos.

dmclaughlin
Posted 4/24/2008 08:59 (#364179 - in reply to #363901)
Subject: RE: Planting in PA

Perry County, 35 miles NW of Harrisburg, PA
Scott,

Good to see someone running. Here in central Perry County, I had 3+ inches of rain Sunday and things are still a little too wet. Maybe later today and definitely by tomorrow.

Dave
panotiller
Posted 4/24/2008 11:01 (#364267 - in reply to #364179)
Subject: RE: Give it a day...............

Lewisburg, PA
youll be in a drought watch dave,. We got about 190 in planting really nice. missed those showers. Dave I got a long story about my dairy friends things have changed for the better I think. Lets just say I'm custom planting everything. LUke
conservation cop
Posted 4/24/2008 11:07 (#364275 - in reply to #364267)

Gettysburg, PA
I don't think we've got any corn in the ground yet!  Maybe a few acres toward the MD border, but, it is just too dang wet!  The rains this year have been bad, real hard and fast.  Way more erosion than we've seen in a while.  This was the year to see the benefits of cover crops that's for sure!  Glad to hear that you're getting some planting done!
ScottPA
Posted 4/24/2008 20:47 (#364555 - in reply to #364275)

Jersey Shore, PA
Think we'll have another nice day then it's supposed to get colder and wetter for a little while. Hope it dries out for you guys to get rollling soon.

Jon, a lot of the scenery around here is indeed like that. We're in a nice valley here with some pretty nice river bottom ground. And lucky enough to have the susquehanna there when needed. Which way do you travel on your way to PSU?

Scott
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)