AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Your thought's on a repair job gone bad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/26/2006 23:32 (#30176 - in reply to #29940)
Subject: RE: Your thought's on a repair job gone bad

West Union, Illinois

Russ, Greg and "The Big One" offered some excellent advice.  Speaking as the non-professional, here is the short version of my response (you should have seen the long one!). 

The dealer should repair your now broken machine which is so severely damaged because of incompetence and poor advice from his employees.  From the failure to arrive when promised to not doing the original work to breaking a part and giving bad advice, they have failed to perform in a professional and ethical manner.

You say you "want to keep a good relationship with them".  Russ, you do not have one now!  The dealership has treated you poorly from the start.

An equitable settlement would be for the dealer to repair your machine that is now broken.  You should only pay for the original work ordered and the update.  Nothing else should be charged to you.  In fact, if the dealer were really trting to maintain a good relationship with you they would drop the parts to cost.

First write this all out, kind of like you did here so you can explain the history of how things reached this point.

Second, stop by your attorney's office and get one of his cards.  Tell him you may need his services later, and if __ calls you will be needing him and will fill him in at that time.

Then go see (NOT call, set right across the desk from him and look his in the eye) the Service Manager. If he is not available go see the General Manager or (if possible) the owner.  Explain the situation and offer what I suggested.  If he balks ask for the name and phone number of the manufacturer's district rep, then give him the business card of your attorney and walk out.

Immediately call the mfg's rep, briefly explain the situation, and ask him to contact your dealer for a resolution.

In all honesty you will probably end up paying a lot more than you should have for the kind of work you were given.  I would personally not pay a dime more than the original work order and update until a judge ordered me to.

Edited by Mike SE IL 7/26/2006 23:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)