AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Your thought's on a repair job gone bad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

The Big One
Posted 7/26/2006 20:01 (#30134 - in reply to #29940)
Subject: RE: Your thought's on a repair job gone bad

I am a service manager for a Caterpillar dealership, but brand really makes no difference here. As a service manager you have to do the right thing both with your customer as well as with your technician. The first mistake that was made was the relay of information between you and the man doing the hands on. I have seen this ball dropped several ways primarily by the service manager not taking accurate notes. I have discovered that a quick two minute conversation between the technician and the owner or operator can save some mistakes like this and also lead to more work and revenue for the dealer if other repairs are needed. This saves on mileage charges as well as downtime, which should lead to customer satisfaction. All of my technicians have a cell phone and I encourage them to make contact by phone if no one is around. The second error was not informing you of the broken part before he left or the service manager contacting you that day with an explanation of what happened and trying to come up with an acceptable solution. I believe the way the technician talked with you on the phone was wrong. Ultimately he is not the man that will decide what the company will pay for that is probably his manager’s job. If you were a customer of mine at this point it would be a repair at my cost just due to the fact that you were not informed of the problem and it wasn’t fixed quickly. With today’s high labor rates complete customer satisfaction is our “goal”. When you charge a premium rate you have to deliver premium service. You should stick to your guns here and get the dealer to take care of the additional damage. If they are a quality dealer like you say this shouldn’t be an issue. Hopefully you won’t pay for it the next time you make a major purchase at this dealership.
Remember offer a good quality service at a fair price. To have a profitable business, dealers need profitable customers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)